Two of the big trends boosted during 2020 as an outcome of the pandemic and here to stay with us over the next months are the adoption of SaaS Solutions and teleworking or working from home (WFM). Although both were already gradually gaining inroads into companies, during lockdown they were imposed swiftly so companies could keep their business going.
The need for companies to carry on working despite the challenging circumstances brought about teleworking. Cloud technology was the ideal solution for companies to be able to go on managing their employees and providing them access to work tools to keep up productivity in their organizations.
The fact is, although these changes were almost forced due the situation triggered by the Covid-19 pandemic, companies need more flexible, evolving, and integrated solutions, especially in the HR field. For HR professionals, the future of managing their processes lies with , covering all their needs and allowing them to manage their employees remotely. Besides simplifying workforce management, such a solution makes it possible to boost talent management processes, and thus increase employee engagement and productivity.
One of the great benefits of cloud applications is that they are available online and accessible from any device connected to the internet. Such easy access is well suited to mobility and is a great help for teleworking professionals.
In this sense, cloud solutions offer companies 6 benefits that come out of today’s teleworking context.
- Access from anywhere and on any device. Cloud access via mobile devices is particularly useful for employees who work from different locations, either physically or from home.
- Greater collaboration and improved time management. The cloud allows all team members simultaneous access a specific document. This boosts collaborative work and reduces downtime, especially when processing documents, since they can be modified directly from the cloud, with no need to wait for each member to send the working document by email.
- Constant updating. Teleworking is one of the great emerging trends within the current legal framework that is constantly evolving. Cloud technology is suitable for this kind of work, since it provides solutions that are permanently updated with the latest changes in little time and without problems.
- Ease of recording working time. Since the publication of various legal labour changes affecting time and attendance issues, the working time of all employees, including remote workers must be recorded. A SaaS solution enables employee access to the platform from the computer or any mobile device, enabling them and to be able to record their working day easily from anywhere.
- Guaranteed data security. SaaS service providers offer the greatest assurances of trustworthy data security, as they are responsible for maintaining and protecting data. This is a huge benefit since, for instance, in the event of a device failure, data will still be stored and accessible from any other device.
- Improved communication. Managers and employees can be better connected through ESS/MSS portals designed for HR tasks. This simplifies, for example, holiday requests, performance appraisal processes, payroll slip verification, absence reports and many other processes that are part of an employee’s working life.